Rainbow Rights and Advocacy
Rainbow Rights is a self advocacy group run by and for people with intellectual disabilities, and who identify as LGBTIQ (Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex and Questioning). The group is supported by and works with Pride Vic and SARU.
Rainbow Rights works to:
• Raise awareness about having an intellectual disability in the LGBTIQ community
• Raise awareness about being LGBTIQ in the disability community
• Support each other with issues that self advocates face
• Make awareness raising resources such as the Equality DVD
• Speak up for group members’ rights
• Develop new skills and build confidence
• Get involved in Midsumma Pride events
• Showcase their artwork
• Build relationships with service providers, local and Victorian Government
The group meets every second week.
Location: Ross House, 247 Flinders Lane, Melbourne 3000
Phone: 04 9082 5094